2019-2020 Public Forum Topics
The selection process will be slightly different this year. This year, we are releasing ten Topic Areas, each with two Starter Resolutions. Please note that the Starter Resolutions are tentative proposals, which may be revised and/or replaced based on community responses, expert feedback, breaking news, and/or literature on the subject. The final two resolution options will be released for a vote one week prior to topic release on the NSDA website. Please remember, topic areas are subject to change but will be released and final on Friday June 21st.
- The economic development benefits of the African Continental Free Trade Agreement outweigh the harms.Bibliography
- The African Union should officially recognize Somaliland’s independence.
- The United States should prioritize the production of nuclear power plants over other forms of renewable energy generation.
- The benefits of intensive agricultural practices in developing countries outweigh the harms.
- The European Union should join the Belt and Road Initiative.Belt and Road Resources
- On balance, Xi Jinping’s power consolidation is beneficial to the People’s Republic of China.
- The benefits of the United States’ use of offensive cyber operations outweigh the harms.Similar bibliography
- The implementation of blockchain technology in emerging economies produces more benefits than harms.
- The United States should replace means-tested welfare programs with a universal basic income.UBI files, ppt, essay, argument outline, UBI and gender
- The United States should increase collective bargaining rights for public sector labor unions.
- The United States should eliminate K-12 teacher tenure.
- On balance, charter schools are beneficial to the quality of education in the United States.Charter schools evidence
- Qualified immunity for law enforcement officers should be ruled unconstitutional.Qualified immunity — long essay and evidence
- Plea bargaining should be ruled unconstitutional.Plea bargaining Full argument outline and evidenceBibliography
- Western countries’ recognition of Juan Guaidó was in the best interest of the Venezuelan people.
- On balance, the rise of Russian influence in Latin America increases regional instability.
Greater Middle East
- The United States should withdraw from the Afghanistan peace process.
- The United States should decrease its military presence in the Persian Gulf region to prevent Iranian aggression.